11.11.2007

Feeling like a teenager

That would explain my night last night. It was time for Delilah and I to have a grown ups night out so a week ago I surprised her with tickets to a band that pays tribute to the late, great Johnny Cash. Now what better way to start the night off than to show up with my dates favorites flowers. When I walked in the house, flowers in hand, I was left speechless at just how beautiful Delilah looked. WOW, am I a lucky man or what? After putting my tongue back in my mouth we headed for a big kids night on the town. What a great show, I really did expect a younger crowd but it was so refreshing seeing couples who have been married longer than I've been alive having the time of there life. Yes I was saying to myself " That's going to be us." We decided to end the night with a drink at the local watering hole, by this time to my amazement it was well after 9:00 my normal bedtime, now I'm really felling like a teenager. All in all the night was great, my date looked stunning and we got to be kids again.


5 comments:

Robin said...

So it says it's posted by Delilah but it's really her fiance?

delilah said...

Yes it is I the imfamous Bob, I really need to set this thing up so you can tell who is posting.

peace.love.mickey said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful night!!!

delilah said...

We had an absolute blast! I felt so spoiled the entire evening. I just love "date night"! We're going to try to make a point of spending one evening a month doing something a little extra special.

It's my turn to plan the next one and I'm feeling the pressure. It's going to be hard to top Bob's night out. I do have a few ideas however...
xox,
delilah

Robin said...

Ok, I'm catching on. Erik and I hate being grownups. We try to avoid it as much as possible.