11.16.2007

Take it off! Take it all off...

Okay, so I'm feeling a little frisky this morning. TeeHeeHee!
In an effort to get healthier and of course, look like a bombshell pin-up on our wedding day, I've been dieting. Oh, how I hate that word, but I'm using it for lack of a better term. For the last, oh, about 6 weeks or so, I've been steadily losing weight by counting calories and paying a little closer attention to where those calories are coming from. Upping the protein, dropping a bit of carb. It's been a pleasant little surprise every Friday to step on the scale and watch that number go down, down, down. The smaller pant size is quite the ego boost as well.


But....
For the last 2 weeks...nothing. Not even one little ounce lost. What's up with that?!?! I've been a good girl. I haven't indulged, at all. Well, other than 1 piece of birthday cake, but you know, it's like wedding cake. Calorie free, right?!?


The only thing I can think of is that since I took a second job, I am on my feet more and might be retaining water? Or, since I am not home in the evenings to cook for myself and my boys, that I have been eating more processed foods like Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones and Healthy Choice, all of which might contain some extra sodium?! It's frustrating to say the least. I'm seriously losing motivation, which really sucks. I suppose it may just be a dreaded plateau, and I will have to wait it out, but in the meantime, I'm asking for suggestions as to what I can do to shake up my metabolism a bit and start losing again. Got any super-secret weight loss advice or tips for me? Anyone? Please. Pretty please?


I'm hoping to take measurements for my dress sometime the beginning of next month, so Whirling Turban can get started on my scrumptious dress. Cross your fingers I can drop one more size by then. I've also got to get my booty out there and find a corset ASAP. One that will give me some killer curves, yet be smooth enough to wear under my dress without a lot of bumps and lumps showing through. I'm thinking of trying these on for size...

Does anyone have any experience with either of them?

The first one is from www.whatkatiedid.com and is basically a waist cincher. I'd still be able to wear my own strapless bra, which is a definite plus. I'm just not sure how bulky this style of corset is, as I've never worn one quite like it.

The second pic is a Goddess long line underwire bra. It appears quite slimming and even comes in my size. It's a steal on www.amazon.com right now. I think I may just order it anyway. If it doesn't work, I can always return it, I suppose.

Can you recommend another that I may be overlooking? Keep in mind, that I am 5'7", a very curvy size 10 (hoping to be an 8), and quite "Big of Boob" (36DD). If I go the full corset route, I'll definitely be seeking out something with an underwire. HELP!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Problem with those girdle like things for me is that my dress goes a little low in the back. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I've lost a couple pounds but I really need to get into gear here. I'd like to get down about 10 lbs before my dress comes in at the end of January.

delilah said...

Hello Miss Robin! :)
I'm thinking I can wear the girdle type thing, since my dress isn't low, just straight across. Sure, it isn't all that sexy, but I think with the proper accessories, it might have a bit of a pin-up vibe.

Don't worry about the weight thing...10lbs. is completely do-able by January. Once you get into the groove of whatever plan you decide on, it should melt away. I'm only counting calories, and I think I lost 12 lbs. just in the first 4 weeks. You can do it girl!
xox,
delilah