11.29.2007

I won! I won! I won!

I have nevereverever won anything in myentirelife...so imagine my surprise when I clicked on Weddingbee and saw my name as the winner in the contest for favor boxes from I need a favor from Kate! During my all out squeal-fest this morning, I even woke the Little Bear, who proclaimed "Momma, is everything okay? I heard wild pigs outside my window". Oops.

We will be getting the pyramid shaped box from the photo above, but in this print:
Here are my favor inspiration pics....

I am envisioning them being similar to the larger photo on the plate, but without the branch, obviously. I've already purchased the little nests at Michael's, along with some moss. I'm hoping to find a few glittery birds during my annual Christmas ornament shopping extravaganza to add to the nests. I also am going to order dark chocolate Cadbury speckled eggs online, since they are only available in stores over the Easter holiday. I realize that jordan almonds are more traditional, but honestly, I don't know of one person, other than myself, who actually likes to eat them. And who can resist chocolate, right? So what do you think?
Oh, and I know it says we won 50 boxes, and are only having 18 guests, so we've decided to hand deliver the exciting news to all our friends who we were not able to host at the actual event. We're going to give them all one of our nest favors along with the announcement. Good idea...or not?
I couldn't have won a more perfect prize! I was having such a hard time finding a gift box that would allow me to wrap our little bird favors without having to lay the birds down on their sides...which of course, once opened, would just make them look like a little nest filled with dead birds, not love birds. Sooooo not romantic. At. All.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou to Weddingbee and to I Need a Favor from Kate. Kiss Kiss Hug Hug.
....................................
And I do want to apologize for the lack of posts lately. Between the Thanksgiving holiday and working long hours, there really hasn't been all that much going on that anyone would consider "blog worthy". We did meet with the second photographer, and are anxiously awaiting his quote before we make any final decisions regarding pics.

3 comments:

Chaegan said...

Yay! Congratulations on winning, those will be very cool; I heart the pattern you've picked. How fun and exciting!! :)

a teacher said...

Are you married? Can you give us one last post with lovely photos and a recap? Please? :)

Anonymous said...

I am dying to hear/see any details about the exciting conclusions!!! You don't know me, but I've become addicted to your blog. And I'm a not-so-traditional bride myself, coming up in September. I haven't used/stolen any of your ideas, but I still find your style and take on things to be inspirational. Please throw us a bone!