10.08.2007

Random ramblings...

Well hello there! I hope everyone had a fantastic and restful weekend. I know I did! Other than a couple of family events on Saturday, the rest of the weekend was spent indoors, nuggled up in my jammies pouring over magazines and catching up on movies. Pure bliss. It was much needed, that's for sure.

As far as wedding/elopement planning goes, not much going on really. My newest obsessions are writing vows and planning our Alaskan honeymoon. Oh...and cupcakes, but those will have to wait for tomorrow's post.

So how on earth does one put into words, all the love and emotions they feel, when words simply don't seem to be enough to tell the other person what they mean to you? I'm having a really hard time with this. I've read through numerous couple's vows on just about every wedding website imaginable in order to be inspired, and while they are all soooo lovely, I can't seem to get anything of my own down on paper. I do realize that I have quite a bit of time to work on it, but honestly, this is one of the most important and personal aspects of wedding planning in my opinion. I've started a bedside journal so that I can document our everyday lives, hoping that this might spark a few ideas. I'm also going to drop a few links to here, here, here and here, so that I can keep track of some of the beautiful words that I've come across in my searching. Can anyone recommend any books or articles that might help me find the words to tell Bob just how much his love and support mean to me? I do have a book on how to write love letters, that I've never even cracked the cover on. I think it might be a good time to dust it off. I'm also planning a trip to the library in the near future.


So, yes, it has been decided, we're off to Alaska in September of 2008 for our honeymoon. I'm sure we will be taking a brief mini-moon just after our elopement, but are saving our pennies for a 5 day independent land tour of the Kenai Peninsula, followed by a 7 day Southbound cruise through the inside passage. I've been dying to see Alaska, for as long as I can remember and with Bob being an avid fisherman and overall lover of the outdoors, it seems the perfect choice. It will also be nice to have an active, adventurous few days, followed by a pampering and relaxing cruise. So far, we've decided on a few excursions... bear watching, a Harley ride, a drive to Emerald Lake, dog sledding and a glacier landing flightseeing trip. We'd also love to catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis. As the dates get closer, I'm sure we'll nail down the specifics of the land portion, but I'm definitely anticipating a stay at A Cabin on the Cliff in Seward.

It kills me to think that we are still a year away from our honeymoon, but all the best things are worth waiting for, right? Right?!

No comments: